Jim O’Sullivan (pictured left) has unveiled key developments on a number of major projects, bringing the promise of more jobs and a boost to the region’s economy.
The package includes:
- Completion within weeks of the £191 million improvement scheme at Catthorpe junction 19 of the M1 – which will revolutionise the journeys made by more than 142,000 vehicles through the area every day
- Key progress on the £106 million A45/A46 Tollbar End improvement scheme
- Consultation on a £282 million scheme to improve traffic flow around junction 6 of the M42, bringing benefits for the airport and beyond with the pending HS2 ‘hub’ near this location
- Preferred route announcement to improve three roundabout junctions on the A38 in Derby at Kingsway, Markeaton and Little Eaton junctions
- Progress on £65 million plans to improve junction 10 of the M6.
Mr O’Sullivan said: “We are currently delivering more than £15 billion of investment in over 100 major schemes across England that will enhance, renew and improve the network and it’s fantastic to see key projects like these in the Midlands making real progress.
“The Midlands is at the heart of England’s strategic road network and investment in schemes like these benefits the whole country. This region really is the ‘Midlands Engine’ which drives the country.”