Jenoptik Light & Safety - market leader in enforcement solutions for roadworks and permanent installations.
Jenoptik Traffic Solutions UK is part of the Light & Safety division of Jenoptik, a globally operating technology group with a presence in more than 80 countries. Jenoptik have been delivering average speed enforcement systems since 2000, with over 500 sites successfully delivered to date. Each year, Jenoptik delivers around 50 roadworks and 20 permanent projects, managed and supported by regional teams of our own enforcement camera specialists.
SPECS average speed control has long been part of the standard highway safety toolkit. Covering the length and breadth of the UK, more than 4,000 kilometres of roads have seen SPECS enforcement. This repeatedly delivers:
• Safer – fewer collisions and casualties occur, with road workers feeling safer
• Smoother – traffic continues to flow with very little congestion throughout the works area
• Greener – steady speeds result in fewer emissions, improved fuel consumption and quieter traffic
• Fairer – the traveling public accept that average speed control within roadworks is justifiable and is not set up to ‘catch’ them unawares
Jenoptik are unique in having real world experience from hundreds of TASCAR sites, resulting in a solution that has adapted and evolved to be the best in class. Examples are:
- A wide range of camera configurations and mounting options
- Unique 'Infra-Red' lighting capability, allowing image capture on a visibly dark road
- Dozens of staff who are expert in ANPR and enforcement, across the whole UK
It is important to remember that enforcement is not as straightforward as other TM tools such as barriers or white lining; the legal ramifications of an enforcement system continue to be very significant. A SPECS installation has the legal equivalence of a Police officer physically on site, which allows the evidence of speeding automatically gathered to stand up in court in its own right. As such our engineers and technical staff have to be prepared to attend court, and the financial, legal and public perception impact of any errors would be significant for everyone.
Designing and delivering effective enforcement solutions is what Jenoptik does best. Don’t take a risk on this critical activity; talk to the experts and realise a system that will deliver exactly what is needed – a safer works area with good traffic flows and a design that road users understand and accept is fair.
JENOPTIK Traffic Solutions Key Statistics
91 UK based employees, dedicated to ANPR and enforcement
Over 4,000 kilometres of UK roads have been monitored with SPECS cameras
More than 400 major roadworks projects delivered
Over 150 permanent SPECS installations installed
Every UK police force has operated SPECS
View the latest issue