Shell Bitumen has been a leader in bitumen solutions for more than 100 years and is the world’s largest bitumen marketer, with over 1,600 customers across 28 countries.
We have decades of experience finding new and improved paving solutions, we have learned the challenges our customers face, and we’ve used that knowledge to create premium, environmentally responsible bitumen products that work on roads, runways, and racetracks all over the world.
Working together with our customers we will develop future solutions to support the decarbonisation of road construction whilst continuing to improve performance. Our focus is on increasing the recyclability and reducing the environmental impact of bitumen with technologies that: Reduce odour, emissions, and energy consumption
• Shell Bitumen Low Temp (LT) lowers operating temperatures saving energy consumption and reducing CO2 emissions during asphalt production
• Shell Bitumen FreshAir reduces odour by 99% and reduces impact on air quality
• Shell Mexphalte C reduces power required for lighting and in turn energy consumption by up to 40% in tunnels by using light coloured asphalts
Are made from recycled waste materials
• Shell Bitumen LT R is a low temperature binder with an additive that is chemically converted from waste plastic by GreenMantra and blended into the bitumen.
• Make roads more durable and sustainable with Shell Cariphalte AgeSafe that slows the rate of binder ageing and cuts emissions by extending the life of a road, reduces maintenance needs and saves costs
And solutions that go beyond bitumen to support the decarbonisation of your operations, such as:
• Shell GTL fuel for cleaner air as it reduces NOx and Particulate Matter, and is easily dropped into construction machinery as a replacement for diesel
• MachineMax that uses data to drive insights into your machinery to deliver improved productivity, reduction in idling times and maximises machinery utilisation.
• Shell Energy that provides cleaner energy with 100% certified renewable energy, energy efficiency and management system
We feel proud that our solutions can be found on some of the world’s most iconic roads, including:
• Formula One tracks in Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Germany, Netherlands, Malaysia, Singapore, and Silverstone in the UK
• Some of the UK’s busiest motorways: the M1, M25 and M6 toll road, German Autobahn A20 & A2, A54 motorway (France), E17 motorway (Belgium) and the iconic Hong Kong-Macau Bridge, the largest sea crossing bridge in the world.
View the latest issue