The Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE) has announced a series of short online workshops to teach the basic components of winter service delivery.
The course will cover the main components needed to operate winter services for a local authority or roads organisation and will provide applicants with six CPD hours.
'It is intended for those who have general responsibility for winter services but not on a day to day basis and as an introduction for those who are undertaking winter services as new responsibility,' the IHE said.
There will also be time in each session for Q and A and a set of course notes will be supplied.
The news comes after the IHE became an official partner of the National Winter Service Research Group with a secretarial and administrative support role.
The course takes place over two days on 8 December and 15 December, covering a series of 45-minute sessions.
- Session one – the legal background
- Session two – the required paperwork
- Session three – plant and equipment
- Session four – workforce planning
- Session one – meteorology for beginners
- Session two – making the right decision
- Session three – communication issues
- Session four – severe weather
To find out more visit the IHE training page.