Registration is now live for both Cold Comfort 2019 and Cold Comfort Scotland 2019 – Transport Network’s annual winter maintenance conferences.
It may have been a milder winter than in recent years but local authority winter service planners cannot afford to be complacent and development, both in terms of implementing new technology and best practice, is as vital now as it has ever been.
The Cold Comfort conferences remain the only conferences in the UK focused on delivering insight and best practice in the sector.
Cold Comfort has been at the heart of the UK winter service sector for over 25 years. Cold Comfort 2019 takes place at the Harrogate Convention Centre on 15 and 16 May.
It is an event that will deliver the very best case studies, technical sessions, discussion and debate with the aim of empowering local authorities and their private sector partners with the latest understanding and knowledge of all the latest issues affecting the winter service sector in the UK.
Programme highlights include:
- Local authority case studies-how are local authority changing and adapting their winter plans and strategies
- A winter 2018/19 review-featuring Highways England, local authorities and Transport Scotland
- How technology is driving change in the winter sector
- A view from abroad. Hear from Toni Korjus, head of infrastructural services at the city of Espoo in Finland, talk about how best practice and innovation using RWS and thermal mapping is driving efficiencies and improvements in the city
- Understanding what makes a good winter service plan as part of plans to get people and goods moving on the UK network
Cold Comfort Scotland 2019 takes place at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel, Falkirk on 25 April.
Key topics for will include:
- Delivering technology and innovation to help with winter service efficiency in the Netherlands
- Scottish local authority case studies
- Live panel discussion featuring Transport Scotland, Highways England and SCOTS representatives
- Highways England on the A66 Winterpave trials
- Effective winter service technology
- Planning for more extreme weather