Instarmac Group plc has appointed Mark Shorrock as its new managing director from 1 April 2020.
Mr Shorrock has extensive experience within the construction and manufacturing industry having served as MD for Parex UK for the past 13 years.
Picture: Mark Shorrock (left) & John Holcroft (right).
Before that he was MD of TECROC and saw the business grow from a turnover of £2m to a £33m in the UK before its sale to the Parex Group in 2007.
Departing managing Director, John Holcroft, has been appointed as the new Group Chief Executive of Instarmac Holdings Ltd and will be responsible for the group’s strategic operations and growth.
John Holcroft said: 'When we learnt Mark was available we acted quickly! Mark has proven himself to be one of the best and most experienced MDs in the industry and I am looking forward to working with him to build on our success and to start the next chapter of Instarmac.'
Mr Shorrock will be taking control of the operational duties as MD from 1st April 2020 and his focus will be based around succession planning and growth with a target to deliver a £70m turnover within the next four years.
He said: 'Instarmac is well respected within the industry as an award-winning market leader. I look forward to building on that success and confident we can deliver the ambitious growth plans and future proof the business for years to come.'
Instarmac Holdings Ltd's new 10,000 sqft, custom-built, Group headquarters, in Tamworth, which is due to be completed June 2020.
New start new product
Instarmac's UltraCrete brand has launched Enviro Mastic – a new, hot-applied, mastic asphalt for long term repairs
Richard Moss, UltraCrete Brand Manager commented: 'We are really excited to be launching our first hot lay product. Enviro Mastic has some impressive credentials that really deliver in the current legislative, environmental and economic repair climate. Enviro Mastic completes the UltraCrete portfolio of repair solutions for bituminous surfaces, making UltraCrete the brand the ‘go to’ for all road repair solutions.'
Five reasons why Enviro Mastic:
- The latest edition of the Specification of the Reinstatement of Openings in Highways, due to be published later this year, is expected to outline a mandatory increase in the guaranteed period for a repair, changing this from the current requirement of two years to an increased period of five years. Enviro Mastic comfortably covers this; due to its polymer modification, the new UltraCrete product provides increased resistance to rutting with less thermal (cold-temperature) cracking and overall improved mixture durability.
- Composition of Enviro Mastic includes over 50% recycled material (at least 2 recycled tyres per tonne) helping road repair organisations to reduce their all-important carbon footprint.
- The product contains all the performance advantages of standard asphalt, but it also has enhanced handling characteristics and increased high-temperature stability.
- Enviro Mastic is proven and certified performance by the PTS PAS accreditation.
- No compaction is required so it is quick and easy to install, it can be heated and mixed on-site and can be opened to traffic after 60 minutes, minimising road closure.