According to PA, most road authorities in the UK face a significant challenge – to make better use of and maintain roads infrastructure safely, more quickly and more efficiently. For many highways authorities “more of the same” is no longer sufficient. Innovation has a key role to play in providing smarter, more efficient roads.
One of the ways to achieve this will be through innovation. This is not just technology innovation, but innovation in processes, materials, organisational structures, business models and services.
The survey is free to complete and should only take 10-15 minutes. Click here to complete the survey.
Once completed, PA will provide a short confidential analysis for your organisation which sets out how your capability benchmarks against the industry. The survey will close on 30 June 2014.
PA is also hosting an event about enhancing the level of innovation in the roads sector.
The aim of the event is to inspire and promote innovation (and not just technological innovation) in the roads space. Speakers include:
- Steve Gooding, director general of roads, traffic and local group at the Department for Transport
- Ben Plowden, director of planning, surface transport, TfL
- Mike Wilson, director of network services and chief highways engineer for the Highways Agency
- Stephen Hart, innovation platform leader, technology strategy board
- Charlie Henderson, roads lead for PA Consulting Group.
The event is free to attend and is taking place on 4 July at PA’s offices in London (123 Buckingham Palace Road) from 9.30am to 1.30pm.
If you are interested in attending, please contact Charlie Henderson at email@example.com. Spaces are limited so please respond as soon as possible.