Highways England’s Smart Motorway Alliance is set to hold a virtual supply chain strategy briefing event.
It follows the award of the Smart Motorway Alliance contract in April to seven partners: motorway production management partner Fluor; design partners Jacobs and WSP; and contractors Balfour Beatty, Costain and a Morgan Sindall/BAM Nuttall joint venture.
The 10-year alliance framework covers up to £4.5bn of work and will see the alliance deliver the key smart motorway elements of the Government’s second Road Investment Strategy.
The briefing event, which will be held on 24 August via an electronic platform, will provide an overview of the alliance, information regarding its future procurement programme on behalf of the Alliance Partners during the duration of the Alliance contract.
This event is aimed to help inform the market place of the Smart Motorway Alliance and provide visibility of future procurement opportunities and support potential future tendering planning.
Senior Representatives from the Smart Motorway Alliance will provide information regarding:
- The Alliances goals, objectives and values
- Overview of the alliances operating model Overview of the Alliances programme of works
- Information regarding the alliances supply chain strategy
- Information regarding future procurement opportunities
- Next steps in relation to its supply chain strategy and any future procurement
This agenda is indicative and subject to change.
According to the prior information notice, the alliance intends to invite a maximum of two attendees per organisation.